Free Webinar Recording hosted by EBI and Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP
Several court decisions tell the story of how easy it is for a public employer to trip on a drug testing litigation landmine. And most of these landmines have a delayed fuse that explodes just prior to the statute of limitations expiration. Many times failure to recognize these landmines can result in financially costly mistakes for the public employer, as well as career-ending blunders for the individual decision maker.
Watch the webinar recorded from the live version on January 18th, 2017.
This webinar is eligible for both HRCI and SHRM learning credits.
This presentation will help risk managers, legal department attorneys, supervisors and drug testing program managers understand:
- The high value of a legally compliant policy and supervisor training;
- Critical steps to take when setting up your public employer drug testing policy;
- That drug testing public employees involves the U.S. Constitution;
- How to properly handle the employee who voluntarily comes forward; and
- That personal liability of a supervisor may attach to a constitutional violation.
- Earn HRCI / SHRM credits - code will be provided at end of presentation
About the Presenters:
Thomas M. Eden III
is Partner at Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP. He serves as outside counsel to EBI and has developed employer policies in all 50 states and all DOT Agency modes. Tommy is a national speaker on workplace drug testing topics, including our previous webinars: Don’t Panic: How to Handle OSHA’s New “Reasonable Reporting Procedure” Rule, and Stand Firm: Solutions to Marijuana in the Workplace.
is a news anchor and journalist with nearly 20 years of experience in front of the camera. She's worked in several markets, large and small, and has performed nearly every task needed in a newsroom. As EBI's Screening News Editor, she keeps EBI's customers and blog subscribers up-to-date on the latest screening news and legislative alerts affecting companies of all sizes.