NAPBS promotes ethical business practices, compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, as well as equal employment opportunity and state consumer protection laws relating to the background screening profession. The association achieves this goal by providing educational programs aimed at empowering members to better serve clients and to maintain standards of excellence in the background screening profession. NAPBS has just passed another milestone as now the association has been supporting the background screening industry and employers for over a decade. The background screening industry continues to grow outside of the United States as other countries and regions understand the critical importance of background screening along with the continued globalization of our world economy. NAPBS embraces this growth with a global reach and established Chapters in APAC and Canada. The finalization of a European Chapter is forthcoming and exploratory efforts are underway in Africa and Latin America. The need for global industry collaboration is more evident than ever to support the hiring needs of a safe and secure global workforce. The hard work of members and leadership on the ground in other countries will continue the overall mission of the association on a global scale.
Benefits Employers Gain from NAPBS
Benefits to the HR, loss prevention, and security communities are far reaching for companies that utilize one of its members. If you’re an employer that currently uses a background screening firm that is a member of NAPBS, you’re leveraging critical resources that you and your background screening provider need to establish a well-informed, up-to-date, and compliant background screening program. Continuing education, advocacy, standards, and collaboration are just a few of the benefits.
Here are some of the crucial benefits you and your screening provider gain through NAPBS membership:
- Continuing education through conference lectures, webinars, white papers, industry studies, and numerous resources provided to its members.
- Access to up-to-date national and international legal resources and education that are ever-changing in the background screening industry.
- U.S. members have the ability to be accredited through the NAPBS Background Screening Agency Accreditation Program by demonstrating standards in information security, legal compliance, client education, researcher and data standards, verification standards and overall business practices.
- The ability for individual client members to be FCRA Certified and demonstrate their knowledge of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) through a rigorous education series and comprehensive testing.
- The ability to be heard by federal and state legislators through organized lobbying efforts that support the best interests of the employers and organizations NAPBS members serve.
- The platform to collaborate with like-minded associations and interest groups who support our entire industry for a safer and more secure workforce.
- The ability to collaborate with over 790 members who provide products and services to the screening industry worldwide.
EBI is an Advocate and Dedicated Supporter of NAPBS
At EBI, we understand the importance of being part of an association and to leverage resources and education that assist us in delivering industry leading products and services to our clients. Since the association’s inception in 2003, EBI has been a longstanding supporter of NAPBS through our support of membership, volunteerism and thought leadership. We are proud to be a founding member, to have the honor of having EBI’s leadership serve on the NAPBS Board of Directors, and to lead and serve association committees. We continue to be advocates of our industry by staying active in government affairs through meetings and communications with legislators and government agencies and lobbying against state and federal bills that don’t support the views and best interests of our clients. We also share our knowledge through continual industry education by publishing relevant industry e-news, blogs, and legislative alerts through resources gained from NAPBS. Staff members in our compliance department have successfully completed their FCRA Basic Certification and keep us abreast of compliance resources and protocols related to federal compliance.
We actively attend NAPBS conferences and education sessions to stay on top of cutting-edge techniques, best practices, legal trends and new service offerings to our clients. Continuing education and collaboration with our peers ensures we stay in-the-know and share our knowledge with our clients. EBI is a committed industry leader and we strive to provide products and services with the highest level of integrity and standards. With this in mind, EBI is one of only a few U.S. based background screening firms that have achieved Background Screening Agency Accreditation through the industry’s accreditation program. We do this as a continual measure of our internal processes to ensure that we operate and deliver products and services at the highest level. We call this the EBI Integrity Advantage!
If you are using a background screening firm that is not connected with the pulse of the industry as a member of NAPBS, you are missing out on critical resources and education that keeps your background screening program current, compliant and on the cutting-edge.
Employment Background Investigations Inc. works with employers on a global scale to develop and administer comprehensive employment background screening programs. We are committed to providing employers and our readers with valuable education and resources on changing legislation, cutting-edge, and compliant solutions to meet federal, state, local, and international mandatory legal guidelines. EBI is not providing legal advice or counsel and nothing provided in this publication should be deemed as legal guidance or advice. Readers should consult with their own legal counsel to determine their responsibilities or if they have questions on any information provided by EBI.