This Year’s Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure Event Gets Personal for EBI

EBI Team - Susan G. Koman Race For The CureFor the fifth year in a row, the employees of EBI will be participating in the Komen Maryland Race for the Cure.  This year’s race hits close to home for the EBI team, as we lost a long-time employee and friend to breast cancer just this August.  The EBI team is dedicating our efforts towards this year’s race in Heather Garner’s memory.  Heather was a dedicated and compassionate employee who will be missed by EBI employees and clients, and her courageous fight against breast cancer is an inspiration to us all.
The Komen Maryland Race for the Cure will take place on Sunday, October 23, 2011.  Several events, including two 5K runs, a 5K walk and a 1 mile family fun walk, will be held at the Executive Plaza parking lots, on Shawan Road in Hunt Valley, MD.  Registration and activities begin at 6am.  The Race for the Cure began in Maryland in 1993 and has grown into the largest footrace in the State of Maryland.  Of the money raised at the Race for the Cure each year, up to 75% stays in Maryland to fund local programs, while the remaining 25% of funding supports national research to find the cures for breast cancer.
Team EBI will join thousands of other participants whose common interest is to end breast cancer forever and to support those who have been affected by breast cancer.  As we grieve our recent loss, we realize the importance of investing in the health of future generations through participating in this event.  Others can support EBI in this cause by joining our team for the race or by making a donation to support one of our team members via our EBI Race for the Cure Team Page.
Participation in the Komen Maryland Race for the Cure is one of several ways that EBI focuses on giving back to the community.  Through , we also raise money throughout the year for numerous other charitable causes that are close to our heart.  EBI’s Just One World provides a vehicle for our employees, clients and business partners to give back to the community and world.

Subscribe to Email Updates

How to Write a Background Check Policy


Employer Guide to Adverse Action