Transportation Background Checks
EBI takes care of all your DOT needs:
Policy creating and regulatory consulting
Pre-Employment DOT drug testing and DOT qualified employment questionnaires
Search of Motor Vehicle Records and CDLIS compliance
Lab based urine drug testing and breath alcohol testing
Random drug and alcohol testing selection management and reporting
Physical ability testing
SAMHSA certified laboratories
Certified results throught a Medical Review Officer (MRO)
DOT Managed Services are in Compliance with these Industry Regulations:
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Federal Highway Administration (FHA)
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
United States Coast Guard
DOT Lab Based Urine Testing
Samples are collected through our 15,000 collection sites and clinics. Each sample is analyzed through a SAMHSA certified laboratory and reviewed by an MRO for accuracy and compliance. All results are delivered through our secure state-of-the-art technology for enhanced security.
Fill out this form to speak with an EBI screening expert about customizing a program for your transportation company.
EBI provides complete management of your Regulated (DOT) and Non-regulated (Non-DOT) physical programs. Our Occupational Healthcare Professionals will assist in clinic selection, design, rollout, quality control, training and compliance programs.
- All physical exams are conducted at clinic locations
- After the physical, donors receive a wallet card that certifies they have passed and are able to drive commercial vehicles
- Our team of physicians and nurse practitioners perform a comprehensive, cost-effective physical that conforms with DOT standards
- Urinalysis (UA Dip)
- Clinical Lab Work
- Vision Screening
- Lift Test
Instant Alcohol Testing
EBI’s QED™ (Instant Saliva Alcohol Screen) is an on-site, low-cost alternative to breath or blood testing. It is an excellent option as a post-accident or just-cause testing method and is approved by the DOT. It is important to note that this test must be accompanied by a BAT for confirmation.
- Easy to administer
- Provides quantitative results
- EBI provides consent paperwork
- QED devices are available in packages of 10
- EBI will train a “collector” to use the QED device
- EBI’s network will do Breath Alcohol Tests if necessary for confirmation
Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT)
Breath Alcohol Tests are conducted in conjunction with the QED™ to determine the concentration of alcohol in a donor’s specimen. BATs are conducted in a clinical location by a certified technician and in accordance with DOT regulations.
- BATs are available for Regulated (DOT) and Non-regulated (non-DOT) programs
- BATs are conducted at clinics in your system, and are performed by certified technicians in strict adherence to DOT guidelines
- Copies of BAT results are forwarded to you immediately after testing
- In the event of a non-negative result, the technician will immediately call the Designated Employer Representative (DER) at your company to report the result and to arrange for transportation from the clinic.