DOT Urine Lab Based Testing
EBI conducts lab based urine drug testing based on the panel specifications required by DOT CFR Part 40 and conducted on a pre-employment, random and post-accident/for basis as required by the DOT. Samples are collected through one of our 15,000 plus collection sites and clinics. Each sample is analyzed through a SAMSHA certified laboratory and reviewed by a MRO for accuracy and compliance. All results are delivered through our state-of-the-art EBI - Drug Testing Management Center for enhanced security.
The following is a sample of DOT requirements for urine based drug testing:
- All testing is conducted in conjunction and in compliance with DOT regulations per CFR Part 40. (§ 40.3)
- All DOT tests are 5 panel and includes the analysis of the following drugs:
|1. Marijuana (THC)|
|5. Phencyclidine (PCP)|
- Only Federal DOT chain of custody forms may be used to perform DOT collections. (§40.45)
- All urine specimens are analyzed as split specimens
- For DOT testing, only urine drug screens are permitted at this time. There are no exceptions for hair or saliva.