DOT Urine Lab Based Testing
EBI conducts lab based urine drug testing based on the panel specifications required by DOT CFR Part 40 and conducted on a pre-employment, random and post-accident/for basis as required by the DOT. Samples are collected through one of our 15,000 plus collection sites and clinics. Each sample is analyzed through a SAMSHA certified laboratory and reviewed by a MRO for accuracy and compliance. All results are delivered through our secure state-of-the-art technology for enhanced security.
The following is a sample of DOT requirements for urine based drug testing:
- All testing is conducted in conjunction and in compliance with DOT regulations per CFR Part 40. (§ 40.3)
- The DOT testing at HHS-certified laboratories will continue to be a 5-panel drug test regimen, on and after October 1, 2010. The 5-panel regimen will remain::
1. Marijuana (THC)
5. Phencyclidine (PCP)
- Under Opiates, DOT testing has always included confirmatory testing, when appropriate, for Codeine, Morphine, and 6-AM (heroin). Under Amphetamines, DOT testing has always included confirmatory testing, when appropriate, for Amphetamine and Methamphetamine. To this Amphetamines group, we are adding initial testing for MDMA and confirmatory testing for MDMA, MDA, & MDEA.
- Broken out further and depicted in the chart below is what drug testing will look like effective October 1, 2010, with the confirmatory testing in red being new.
- NOTE: Laboratories have always conducted confirmatory testing for 6-AM, when appropriate.
- Marijuana (THC)
3. 6-AM (heroin)
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
- Only Federal DOT chain of custody forms may be used to perform DOT collections. (§40.45)
- All urine specimens are analyzed as split specimens
- For DOT testing, only urine drug screens are permitted at this time. There are no exceptions for hair or saliva.