BAT And Instant Alcohol Testing
Instant oral fluid alcohol test collected on-site. Approved by DOT as a screening test and must be accompanied by a BAT for required confirmation.
What does this service provide?
EBI’s QED ™ (Instant Saliva Alcohol Screen) is an on-site, low-cost alternative to breath or blood testing. It is an excellent option as a post-accident or just-cause testing method and is approved by the Department of Transportation (DOT) as a screening test.
Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT) is conducted in conjunction with the QED ™ to determine the concentration of breath alcohol in a donor’s specimen. BATs are conducted in a clinical location by a certified technician and in accordance with DOT regulations.
- EBI also provides Breath Alcohol Tests (BAT), performed to determine whether the donor has a concentration of alcohol in a breath specimen.
- BATs are conducted at clinic locations and performed by certified BAT technicians in strict adherence to DOT guidelines.
- In the event of a non-negative result, the Breath Alcohol Technician will immediately call the Designated Employer Representative (DER) at your company to report the result and to arrange for transportation from the clinic.
- Copies of BAT results are forwarded to you immediately after testing.
- Available for Regulated (DOT) and Non-regulated (Non-DOT) Programs.